Harrison County Economic Development Corporation is a private, non-profit organization who works with many partners in business, government, education, and other to help local businesses improve and expand, look for opportunities to attract new businesses to the community creating new jobs, encourage entrepreneurship, aid in workforce development, and help make Harrison County a great place to live and work.
The Harrison County Economic Development Corporation was formed in 2004 and conducts activities recommended in a strategic plan to carry out the Harrison County Economic Development effort. The EDC Board evaluates the action plan regularly, making adjustments and setting new direction as needed. We are now focusing on the following areas:
1) Exploring new development opportunities on the commercial property along Pacer Drive in Corydon.
2) Developing and marketing the Lanesville interchange area for additional business development.
3) Marketing property in the Harrison County Industrial Park area near Corydon including the “Shovel Ready” site owned by the Harrison County Chamber of Commerce.
4) Marketing the community for all types of business growth.
5) Working with existing employers to help them remain viable and continue to grow in Harrison County